Are you looking for an energy-efficient way to enjoy an endless supply of hot water for showers, laundry, dishwashing and other everyday activities? It may be worth looking at your last water bill — if your family uses less than 41 gallons of water each day, you may want to consider moving to a tankless water heater.
Tankless water heaters provide you with an on-demand supply of heated water without the need for a large storage tank. They can be installed in almost any home, including older residences throughout the central Pennsylvania region. Once in place, tankless water heaters can last at least two decades with proper care and routine service.
Contact David LeRoy Plumbing today for free consultation on tankless water heater installation. Our friendly, certified technicians can help you understand your options when it comes to your home’s plumbing needs.
About Tankless Water Heaters
The science and technology behind tankless water heaters are surprisingly straightforward. First, the compact heating unit is hooked up to an available water supply pipe. Then, whenever someone turns on any hot water valve, such as a bathroom faucet, the unit immediately heats the outflowing water by running it through heating coils.
This heating process happens nearly instantaneously. The tankless water heater continues working until the hot water valve is turned off at the source. At that point, the heater sits idle until the next time hot water is needed.
Benefits of Tankless Water Heater Installation
Plenty of homeowners around Harrisburg and throughout Pennsylvania have switched their hot water source to a tankless water heater. That’s because tankless water heaters offer several key benefits:
- Energy savings: Tankless water heaters typically use around a third less energy to run than traditional tank-based water heaters, translating to lower utility bills.
- Space savings: Multi-gallon hot water tanks take up floor space in basements, garages and closets. Tankless water heaters require far less space, making them more versatile for homes with less square footage or accommodation for tanks and other equipment.
- Long working life: It is not uncommon for tankless water heaters to keep working beyond the 20-year mark. In contrast, hot water tanks last 15 years at most. In fact, some require replacement after only 10 years.
- Reliable water flow: Generally, the constant rate of water flow from a tankless water heater hovers between 2 and 5 gallons per minute. That’s a strong enough stream to satisfy most residential customers.
- Consistent hot water: Because they don’t store water, tankless water heaters never stop working in order to refill or reheat. The supply of hot water goes on and on!
Tankless Water Heater Installation, Service and Repair
At David LeRoy Plumbing, we specialize in tankless water heater installation and service. Our technicians can retrofit most properties with tankless water heater units. They can also diagnose problems, fix issues and make repairs.
If you like the idea of never having to wait for your hot water heater tank to warm up again, get in touch with us. We can provide you with a thorough installation cost estimate and help you determine if going tankless could work for your needs.