Your Local Air Conditioning Annual Maintenance Experts
Click Here for more information about our Priority Customer Club and sign up for annual HVAC Maintenance.
The Importance of Air Conditioning Preventive Maintenance
Did you know your home’s air conditioning system needs annual inspections to work at its best? Taking the time to service your system every year can make a bigger difference than you think. Preventive maintenance offers these benefits and more:
- Prevents Unexpected Breakdowns: Even small issues can cause a breakdown when they worsen. During a maintenance visit, one of our experts checks for problems that could cause a breakdown in the future. By taking care of any system issues before they become worse, we help your air conditioner keep working.
- Extends Your Equipment’s Life: Some mechanical problems put extra wear and tear on your HVAC system. They cause your equipment to run harder, shortening its lifespan. One of our specialists can look for these problems and extend your air conditioner’s life.
- Improves Your System’s Efficiency: Damage and mechanical issues can require your system to run harder to get the same results as before. When one of our experts resolves these issues, your air conditioner’s performance improves. This improvement in efficiency keeps your home cooler and your expenses down.
All three of these benefits let you save money in the long run. Maintenance services tend to have a lower cost than full replacements, and improving your system’s lifespan lets you get more money out of it. An efficient HVAC system can bring down the price on your utility bill as well.
You also get to enjoy more comfort throughout the year when your HVAC system works at its best. An efficient system helps you stay cool during the warmer months, giving you physical comfort. It also gives you peace of mind by reassuring you that your air conditioner works at top performance. Schedule your air conditioning’s annual maintenance today with David LeRoy Plumbing, Heating and Cooling.
Cooling System Maintenance Checklist
Maintenance matters for air conditioning systems of all ages. Your yearly tune-up helps you enjoy safe and efficient air conditioning when you need to cool down. An air conditioner includes many different parts that all need cleaning and inspection. During maintenance from David LeRoy Plumbing, Heating and Cooling, your technician will:
- Check Condensing Coil: A clean condenser coil keeps your refrigerant pressure at the right level.
- Check Capacitors: Functioning capacitors keep your compressor and motor in good function.
- Check Contactors: The contactor lets your air conditioner start when your home needs cool air.
- Check Compressor Amps and Volts: When your compressor draws the right number of amps and volts, you get decreased running costs and a longer motor life.
- Test Reversing Valve: A functioning reversing valve gives your HVAC system the ability to switch between heating and cooling.
- Test Starting Capabilities: We can test the way your HVAC starts up to make sure it works when you need it.
- Clean or Replace Filters: Clean filters expand your unit’s life and conserve energy.
- Clean Condensate Drain: Let us clear your HVAC’s drain of dust, algae and other kinds of buildup.
- Test Voltage of Motors: Your motor’s voltage levels can determine your HVAC system’s operating costs and lifespan.
- Check Thermostat: An accurate thermostat helps your unit run for the necessary time.
- Check for Proper Air Flow: We make sure you have clear air flow so you can have a safe and efficient system.
- Check Evaporator Coil If Accessible: A functioning evaporator coil lets your system pass cool or hot air into your home.
- Switch High and Low Wall Returns: If you have high and low air ducts in your home, we can optimize them for summer and winter.
- Check for Refrigerant Leaks: Maintaining your refrigerant levels keeps cool air circulating in your home.
Once your technician completes the tune-up, they will give you a comprehensive report that describes all the work they completed. If your air conditioner needs adjustments or repairs, you will find our recommendations, as well.
Why Air Conditioner Maintenance Matters
Air conditioning preventative maintenance ensures you have a safe and reliable home HVAC system. We recommend that every home receives air conditioning maintenance during the warm months and heating system tune-ups during cool weather. Getting maintenance services right before you need to use your system ensures that it can handle the upcoming months’ temperatures. Taking a proactive approach to HVAC upkeep also lets you keep your utility costs low by increasing efficiency.
HVAC Maintenance Plans From David LeRoy Plumbing, Heating and Cooling
Do you live in Harrisburg, Hershey, York or the surrounding area? Let the experts at David LeRoy Plumbing, Heating and Cooling maintain your HVAC system all year long. Members of our Priority Customer Club receive annual heating and air conditioning maintenance visits, as well as many other year-round benefits and discounts. We encourage customers who want to maintain their heating and cooling to sign up for the Priority Customer Club. You can also contact our team online to schedule your first visit.
Schedule an Air Conditioning Tune-Up Today!