The best time to select a plumber is before a plumbing emergency occurs. This way, you’ll have a plumber’s number handy, who you know will be able to come to your home quickly and get the work done properly. But, whether you choose a plumber in advance, or on the night the water heater breaks or the toilet stops flushing, you’ll want to make sure that you choose carefully so that you can avoid any problems presented by a dishonest or unfair plumbing contractor. These tips will help you make the right decision on who to hire.
Tips for Hiring the Right Plumber in Harrisburg, PA
- Start by getting recommendations. Have any of your friends or colleagues hired a plumber lately? Were they satisfied with their experience?
- Read online reviews. Choose a plumbing company with numerous positive reviews. One bad review isn’t a deal-breaker, but if there are several scathing reviews, it’s time to move on! Check out David Leroy Plumbing’s testimonials here!
- Make sure the plumbing company offers emergency plumbing service. Some plumbing problems just can’t wait until regular business hours! David Leroy Plumbing offers 24/7 emergency plumbing service. Keep our number handy in case of a flooded basement or other emergency.
- Feel free to ask questions. Any good plumbing contractor will be happy to answer all your questions. Ask things like: Do you charge for travel time? What are your service fees? Do you offer drain cleaning service? How many plumbers will come to my home? What are your credentials? Do you offer free estimates?
- Choose only licensed and insured plumbing technicians. An unlicensed plumber may charge a bit less for a service, but you will have nowhere to turn if the work is not done properly. The plumber you hire should also have liability insurance to compensate you if a job goes poorly and workers’ compensation insurance in case an employee is injured while working at your home.
- Don’t hire a plumber who insists you pay in full upfront. It’s fine to make a partial payment for a project upfront, so that the plumber can purchase parts and be assured that you intend to pay. However, if you’re asked to pay in full upfront, the plumber may take your money and leave you with poor quality work.
While these tips will surely help you to eliminate some unworthy plumbers from the group, we think you’d be most happy with David Leroy Plumbing! We offer a huge variety of plumbing services, free estimates, flat-rate pricing, warranties, coupons, and 24/7 emergency service. For the best plumbing service in Harrisburg, PA give us a call today! 717-963-2034